Perry Sustainability Sessions
Funding from Perry’s Sustainability Planning Grant has made it possible for Sustainability Forums to be held in five different cities along the Common Thread. The Alliance is proud to be a part of these educational sessions, with Linda presenting the general overview of sustainability, and wrapping up the session with information on public policy. The Sustainability Planning Grant was received through the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
The sessions are focused on the following areas:
- Water Treatment Facility
- Wastewater Treatment Facility/Alternative Energy
- Cultural District Lighting
- Multi-modal Transportation
Perry’s sessions occurred on August 14. The remaining sessions are listed below, and are open to the public.
- August 27 – 6pm: Coon Rapids City Hall (123 3rd Ave. S)
- August 28 – 6pm: Ogden City Hall (513 W. Walnut)
- August 29 – 6pm: Huxley Community Room (515 N. Main)
- August 30 – 6pm: Dallas Center Memorial Hall (1502 Walnut)