Do you want to help foster economic development and make Dallas County a great place to live, work, play, and do business? Become a member of the Greater Dallas County Development Alliance and Economic Development organization! Once you are a member, there are a number of committees you can join to start making an impact.
The Membership Committee is a group of members responsible for recruiting, retaining, and engaging members of the Greater Dallas County Development Alliance and Economic Development organization.
The committee works to promote the benefits of membership, such as:
- Access to resources.
- Networking opportunities.
- Advocacy for economic development in Dallas County.
The committee also organizes events and activities, including:
- The annual golf event.
- Educational opportunities.
- Social events.
The committee meets regularly to review membership data, plan strategies, and evaluate outcomes. The committee reports to the executive director and the board of directors of the organization.
Contact Rachel Wacker, executive director of the Greater Dallas County Development Alliance and Economic Development organization. Thank you for your interest in supporting economic development in Dallas County!
The Marketing and Community Outreach Committee is a group of members who work to:
- Promote the organization’s mission and vision.
- Engage with the local stakeholders.
- Raise awareness of the opportunities and benefits of doing business in Dallas County.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan for community outreach and engagement.
- Creating and distributing marketing materials, such as brochures, newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- Organizing and participating in events, such as workshops, seminars, webinars, trade shows, etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key partners, such as local governments, chambers of commerce, business associations, educational institutions, media outlets, etc.
- Soliciting and providing feedback from the community on the organization’s programs and services.
- Identifying and pursuing potential leads and referrals for business attraction and expansion.
- Representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Reporting on the committee’s activities and outcomes to the organization’s board of directors.
The Marketing and Community Outreach Committee is always looking for new members who are passionate about economic development and want to make a difference in their community. Contact Executive Director Rachel Wacker to learn more.
The Finance and Incentive Policy Committee is dedicated to fostering economic growth and development in Dallas County. The committee works collaboratively with local, state, and federal government entities to support business development, expansion, and attraction. Through effective policy advocacy and collaboration, the committee aims to contribute to the county’s continued growth and prosperity.
- Actively engage with policymakers to educate and support regulations and policies that create a conducive environment for businesses to thrive.
- Promote economic development initiatives that stimulate the local economy, expand the local sales and property tax base, and maintain a positive balance between growth, social equity, and the economy.
- Facilitate public-private partnerships to leverage resources and expertise for the benefit of the community.
- Support infrastructure development that is essential for business operations and growth.
- Works toward policies that support workforce development programs, ensuring a skilled labor force for current and future business needs.
- Engaging in dialogue with government officials and agencies.
- Reviewing and staying abreast of proposed legislation and regulations.
- Organizing forums and events to discuss policy impacts on businesses and educate stakeholders on current policy and its impact.
- Collaborating with other economic development organizations and stakeholders.
Interested in joining the Finance and Incentive Policy Committee? We would love to have you! Contact Executive Director Rachel Wacker to learn more.
This group of professionals and stakeholders are responsible for overseeing the site certification and land development process for the Greater Dallas County Development Alliance and Economic Development organization.
- Identify and evaluate potential sites for industrial, commercial, and residential development in Dallas County.
- Promote the availability and attractiveness of certified sites to prospective developers, investors, and businesses.
- Coordinate with local governments, utilities, and other agencies to facilitate the permitting, infrastructure, and environmental compliance of development projects.
- Support the implementation of sustainable and resilient land development practices that enhance the quality of life, economic vitality, and environmental health of Dallas County.
The committee meets regularly to review sites, monitor the progress of development projects, and discuss land use and development issues. The committee also provides guidance and recommendations to the board of directors of the Greater Dallas County Development Alliance and Economic Development organization on matters related to site certification and land development.
The committee is composed of representatives from various sectors and backgrounds, such as:
- Real estate brokers and developers
- Engineers, architects, and general contractors
- Environmental consultants and planners
- Utility providers and regulators
- Local government officials and staff
- Economic development professionals and advocates
- Community leaders and residents
The committee welcomes input and feedback from the public and other stakeholders on how to improve the site certification and land development process in Dallas County. If you are interested in joining, please contact Executive Director Rachel Wacker today.
- Bolton & Menk Inc.
- Diligent Development
- Graham Construction Co
- Impact 7G
- McClure Engineering Co
- MidAmerican Energy
- MidWest One Bank
- McAninch Corporation
- Raccoon Valley Bank
- Rasmussen Group
- Ryan Companies Us
- Septagon Construction Co
- The Samuels Group
- Tyson Fresh Meats Inc.
- West Bank
- Accurate Commercial RES
- Iowa Spring
- Veenstra & Kimm
- Turner Construction Co
- Stine Seed Farm Inc.
- IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union
- Stivers Ford Lincoln
- JSC Properties Inc.
- Guthrie County REC
- Gilcrest Jewett
- Farnsworth Group
Our Board of Directors
President: Sven Peterson, City Administrator for City of Perry
Vice President: Ryan Peterson, President of Impact7G, Inc.
Treasurer: Ryan Moffatt, Director of Community and Economic Development at City of West Des Moines
Secretary: Katie Lord, Business & Community Development Manager for MidAmerican Energy Company
Past President: Alex Broderick, Senior Real Estate Manager at Ryan Companies
Officer: Aaron Chittenden, Business Solutions Consultant at Des Moines Area Community College
Officer: Jennifer Brown, Director of Economic Development at City of Waukee
Officer: Mark Hanson, Board of Supervisors for Dallas County
Officer: Greg Wilde, Business Development Manager at The Samuels Group, Inc.